How To Recover Gold From Computer Scrap with Household Chemicals

Share
Embed
  • Loading...
  • Published on:  Sunday, September 13, 2015
  • To contribute: https://paypal.me/sreetips?locale.x=en_US

    Computer scrap has an undeterminable amount of gold. This enables sellers to charge, and get, from two to ten times what the scrap is worth in terms of the amount of gold that it contains. This video shows that it's not easy to get the gold and that the amount of gold yielded is very low. Now you have a place to look BEFORE you spend your hard-earned money on this kind of over-priced scrap.
  • Source: https://youtu.be/2sZUAprS5KI
Loading...

Comment

  • Ronald Martinez

    Ronald Martinez

     19 hours ago

    I’ve done this a few times in the last 6 years I’ve produced 6 ounces of gold not much but it’s fun and something to don on my days off you can also get silver from key boards

  • Kno Wun

    Kno Wun

     yesterday

    Certainly could not make any money doing this. But a fun experiment

  • joseph Rapoza

    joseph Rapoza

     yesterday

    $42.00 per gram. Now all you to do is weigh the time and cost to see if work for you... Interestings..

  • Alan Alvarez

    Alan Alvarez

     yesterday

    Could you use a buchner funnel during the straining process?

  • suhar yanto

    suhar yanto

     yesterday

    Sir, in case of where the PCB to be dissolved in the solution still containt the tin, is the refining by bleach + HCl can work ? Pls answer and many thanks before.

  • ratkooporonty

    ratkooporonty

     yesterday

    Nagyon tetszett!! Sokba került, de sikerült. It cost a lot, but it succeeded.

  • Adam carpender

    Adam carpender

     2 days ago

    Yeah forget all that what a waste of time

  • It's A Right

    It's A Right

     2 days ago

    great hobby, thought about it myself when I had access to thousands of cards and processors for free just to get them off the property of a company I worked for, they went into the dumpster head for recycling at which the company paid to have them hauled away...
    the company was updating its systems...
    some employees took them home, the hard drives were removed and destroyed by its security and IT department..

    does the expense outweigh the value of 1 gram..
    .999 pure currently $45..
    what is the cost of doing the process?

  • mac11380

    mac11380

     2 days ago

    SO you spend 1 days time and spent money on all those chemicals and equipment for 40 bucks of gold? any minimum wage job could do better.

  • Johnny R

    Johnny R

     3 days ago

    You can make more money writing Java code.

  • METLMASHER

    METLMASHER

     3 days ago

    Niiice :)

  • A R GAR

    A R GAR

     3 days ago

    Definitely NOT worth the effort! Video was cool though.

  • turk's cove

    turk's cove

     3 days ago

    How to waste my time by showing em how to open a bag and weigh the contents.

  • Corissto Gothic

    Corissto Gothic

     4 days ago +1

    2 am and I watching this type of shit instead of sleeping.

  • Socialist Bananas

    Socialist Bananas

     4 days ago

    One of the best chemistry lessons I've learned, that falls kind of suit with this video, is you're always loosing money. Drop 60k on a degree in chemical engineering make 50k for the rest of your life unless you drop another 60+k on more school to make 80k a year. Chemistry is fun and interesting but you definitely gotta have a lot of passion for it to be broke for the rest of your life. Switched my major heed my words kiddos do your research. Orgo, P-Chem, and Inorganic are hard as hell and not worth the blood and sweat for bullshit pay. We have machines that do 90% of the work and the other 10% is research to fuel the 90%.

  • Kron Muharemi

    Kron Muharemi

     4 days ago

    16:06 gold bleach
    how rich people commit suicide

  • chestikov2011

    chestikov2011

     5 days ago

    If you made another 2 beads from this overpriced scrap you could use the 3 balls symbol to open a tiny pawnbrokers and get a good price for the redundant parts :P

  • nathanphetamine0711 A

    nathanphetamine0711 A

     5 days ago

    This guy has very good lab skills!

    Did not expect that redox reaction at the end to precipitate gold.

  • 終わり

    終わり

     6 days ago

    There are probably far more efficient and cheaper ways to do this. In this video he used only over-the-counter chemicals.

  • smeggers

    smeggers

     6 days ago

    1 gram from 4 grams i call bullshit